ACDA-UK is committed to complying with the General Data Protection
Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking
after the personal information you share with us is very important,
we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and
securely and to understand how we use it to offer an exceptional service as a charity organisation.
This notice explains what Personal Data the organisation holds, why we hold
and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms
under the Law.
Types of Personal Data:
The Association holds personal data in the following categories:
1. Name and contact details of members
2. Email addresses of members
Why we process Personal Data:
By processing, we mean that we obtain, store, update and archive data.
Members’ data is held for the purpose of providing information on
continue professional development and updates on the activities of the
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must inform that we hold member’s data
Who might we share your data with?
Data protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal
data only where we have a proper consent and secure reason to do so.
You have the right to:
1. Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
2. Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we
will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or
3. Check the information we hold on you is correct and to make corrections
4. Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
5. Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain
The time Personal Data is stored for:
We will store your data for as long you remain a member of the
association . If your membership has been inactive for six years we will
delete your Data.